Friday, August 19, 2011

Fun with paper quilling!

After a bit of a crafting dry spell, I was really pleased to learn a fun and new paper crafting technique called "quilling".  It's evidently been around for a couple hundred of years.  I  have seen it before and thought it was beautiful but that it looked hard.  Well, guess what?  It's not!  I got my new issue of Stampin' Success magazine and they had step by step instructions.  I've completed 2 projects and I've got a couple more in the works.  I've checked out a couple of books from the library with ideas and I'm really looking forward to adding this technique to my paper crafting repertoire.  Here's my first attempt:
Stamps: Swirls & Curls Verses
Paper: crumb cake, kaleidoscope dp
Ink: chocolate chip
Accessories: paper cutter, tombow glue, paper piercing tool
Techniques: paper quilling
And here's my second attempt, this one also demonstrating the "center step" fold technqiue
Paper: apricot appeal, whisper white, apricot appeal print patterns
Accessories: circle punches, paper cutter, paper piercing tool, tombow, scallop circle punch, scoring blade,
Techniques: papper quilling, center step fold, 3x3












































No comments:

Post a Comment